What booking information is needed?
All bookings require passenger full information such as: full name, nationality, passport number, date of birth and place of birth.
How do I know my booking has been confirmed?
You will be provided with a voucher including your confirmation number and payment procedures. The booking will be active for 15 days when the 15% prepayment must be done. The balance due is 30 days prior to arrival date.
What are Lakutaia Lodge cancellation policies?
• Cancellations made between 60 and 31 days prior to arrival date, 15% penalty will apply.
• Cancellations made between 30 and 16 days prior to arrival date, 50% penalty will apply.
• Cancellations made with 15 days or less prior to arrival date, 100% of total booking will be charged.
When is Lakutaia Lodge open?
Our services and programs are available from September 15th to April 15th each year.
What are the flight schedules from Punta Arenas Airport to Puerto Williams and vice versa?
Aerovías DAP regular flight departs from Punta Arenas at 10:00am and takes approximately 1hr and 20 min. Flight back from Puerto Williams departs at 11:30 am.
During high season flights can be scheduled 3 times a day, so prior confirmation is always recommended.
What is the baggage allowance in flight (Punta Arenas) or ferry (Ushuaia)?
Aerovías DAP allows 10 kilos per person (= 22 lbs), plus a small handbag. Excess baggage is to be paid directly at the airport and the cost is approx. US$ 3 per kilo (to be reconfirmed). Passengers flying with excess baggage are suggested to purchase one additional air-ticket which will allow to fly with 70 kilos extras (= 154 lbs).
Regarding the ferry from/to Ushuaia, the baggage allowance is 15 kilos per person (= 33 lbs).
Is Insurance mandatory?
We suggest each passenger to take a health & travel insurance. However our staff is trained to cope with minor incidents. In the unlikely case of something more serious happens, we will seek for local medical assistance, and passenger must accept the consequences and costs involved.
LAKUTAIA LODGE is not responsible of any accident or unexpected event.
Which are the children policies?
• Babies aged up to 1 year and 11months are free of charge.
• Children from 2 to 8 years old have a 40% discount of the total cost.
Are there connected rooms available?
LAKUTAIA LODGE does not count with connected rooms.
Are there rooms for handicapped available?
LAKUTAIA LODGE has only one room available for disabled guests.
Does the Lodge have Internet access?
Internet access is ONLY available at the lodge public areas.
What currencies and Credit Cards does Lakutaia Lodge accept?
We accept the following currencies: Chilean pesos (CLP) and American dollars (USD), as well as the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Diners and American Express.
What languages are managed at Lakutaia Lodge?
Front desk and our guide staff speak fluent English and Spanish. Some of them even speak French and German.
What happens if weather conditions do not allow some of the excursions to be delivered as planned?
• If a scenic over-flight is cancelled due to weather conditions, 90% of the total cost will be reimbursed.
• If the navigation to Wulaia Bay is cancelled due to weather conditions, 90% of the total cost will be reimbursed.
• Dientes de Navarino Trekking Program will not have reimbursement as guests would stay at the lodge, including meals, lodging.
• Any other activity /excursion included in the All – Inclusive Programs that is cancelled due to weather conditions, will not have reimbursement.
• Heli Fly-fishing program policies are stated separately.
• Being the flight to/from Punta Arenas and/or the navigation to/from Ushuaia purchased through us and is cancelled due to weather conditions, or due to any other major force, 25% discount will apply on lodging rates. Meals will not have discount
Are you able to cater special diets?
We need to know special diet requirements 15 days prior to arrival at the Lodge in order to prepare a suitable menu.
What is the weather like?
Weather is unpredictable. You may experience the four seasons in a day: passing from strong winds to peaceful calm, a bit of rain and sun in-between; all in just in one day. Our summer season is from December through March; winds are frequently strong and intense sometimes; In December and January you will experience 18 to 19 hours of daylight, and temperatures range from 3°C to 15°C (= 37°F to 50°F).
What clothing do you suggest to wear?
Most of our excursions are so-called outdoor, so we suggest to wear different layers: thermal under-ware, long sleeve t-shirt, sweater and jacket, gloves and hat covering head, neck and ears.
Very important are shoes, which need to be waterproof-grip trekking boots.
What electrical adapters do you need at the Lodge?
Electric current in Chile, as well as in Isla Navarino, is 220v. If your electrical appliance does not run on 220v and 50Hz, you will need a voltage converter.