To visit and know the white continent has been the dream of many adventurers along the history. Today Lakutaia Lodge invites you to be part of this unique adventure.
In this amazing land, we find the biggest sweet water reserve in the world, home of an innumerable land and sea fauna. Its unique beauty contrasts with the extreme weather conditions that make Antarctic an exotic and hypnotizer destination for those who have the fortune to reach this remote territory.
Accommodation in comfortable single, double or triple rooms.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the whole program.
Meals in the Lodge include one drink per person (mineral water, or soft drink, or one glass of wine, or one beer).
Specialized bilingual guide during excursions (English/Spanish).
Full day visit to the Antarctica.
Diploma certifying your Adventure Day to the Antarctica.
Bicycles upon request and subject to availability.
Several excursions during the length of your stay.
Airport taxes and flights from and to Punta Arenas.
International transfer by boat and car from and to Ushuaia port.
What’s not inlcuded?
Port taxes in Argentina
Extra drinks not mentioned above.
- This program operates from December through March and on private basis only. Subject to availability of the plane and weather conditions.
- This program does not operate under scheduled dates.
Conditions and Policies:
- This program operates with a min. of 2 participants/max. 6.
- Along with the reservation request, we must receive the complete passenger information (full name, nationality, date of birth and passport number).
- The reservation will be held for a max. of 15 days. To confirm it we must receive a first deposit equivalent to the 50% of the total program.
- Balance must to be paid at least 30 days prior to the program starting date.
- If passengers cancel their bookings with at least 31 day-notice, 50% of the total program amount will be charged. Cancellation with less time-notice, are subject to no-refunds.
- In the event of the flight cancellation by the provider due to force majeure or adverse weather conditions (after 2 consecutive days of trial), 80% of the total bulk rate of the aircraft will be refunded.
- Activities are always subject to weather conditions, thus if the trip to the Antarctica can´t be operated on the programmed day, a second try will be done on the next day, re-organizing the rest of the activities included in the program.
- The amount of time in the Antarctica may vary between 4 to 5 hours, according to the weather conditions.
PUNTA ARENAS or USHUAIA / PUERTO WILLIAMS
From Punta Arenas:
Fly on Aerovias DAP to Puerto Williams. During the flight enjoy the overwhelming views of amazing landscapes, the Strait of Magellan, the beautiful glaciers of Darwin Mountain Range, and the Beagle Channel. (Flight time will vary 50 minutes to 1h20, according to the aircraft available on the day).
Reception and short transfer to LAKUTAIA Lodge.
After immigration process and port-tax payment at Ushuaia’s port in Argentina, sail across the Beagle Channel to reach, after approximately 30 minutes, Puerto Navarino in the Chilean side. The navigation is performed on board a small-size-semi-rigid vessel.
Upon arrival at Puerto Navarino, you will be picked up and transferred on a 54-km/34 mile ride to Puerto Williams (1h40 approx.) to do the immigration process in Chile. Once this process is completed, you will be transferred to LAKUTAIA Lodge to enjoy a welcome aperitif and lunch.
In the afternoon, take one of the excursions offered and register for the activities to be done, according to your interest, for the upcoming days.
At the agreed time, there will be an informative talk about the activities of the great adventure that you will experience on the next day, knowing about the history and fauna of the Antarctic, along with a briefing of preparation.
Dinner and accommodation at LAKUTAIA Lodge.
ANTARCTICA- FULL DAY ADVENTURE
After breakfast, head for an unforgettable experience flying to the Antarctic, the farthest land on Earth, being the coldest, windiest, driest and less populated land in the world. A continent that has been completely sunk by ice, which has not only shaped its topography, but has also influenced its evolution.
The expected journey begins with a fly over Navarino Island, with great views of rivers, stream, hidden lakes and peaks that are part of the amazing Dientes de Navarino Mountain Range. The plane continues flying over the mythical Cape Horn and the raft Drake Passage, to finally land at King George Island, gateway to the white continent, where most of the Antarctic scientific bases are located. Here you can also find the Chilean village “Villa Las Estrellas”, place where several Chilean families live all year round. Visit the impressive landscapes of the white continent, see part of its wildlife and experience the daily life of men populating this territory in the name of science and investigation.
Upon landing, you will be welcomed by our Antarctic-expert tour guide, who will take you on a tour visiting the following places:
• Visit to the main attraction points of the area.
• Villa Las Estrellas (first settlement inhabited by civilians).
• Lunch or snack according to the day-time and location.
• Navigation on a zodiac boat to Ardley Island to observe penguin colonies.
• Navigation around Collins Glacier.
• Visit the Orthodox Russian Church (At Bellingshausen Station).
• Fly over the Cape Horn.
After 4 to 5 hours of stay at the White Continent, fly back to Puerto Williams.
Receive your Diploma certifying the great adventure of the day! – Dinner and overnight.
After breakfast, adventure out of the beaten track, according to the activity/excursion you previously registered.
Each activity is accompanied by a specialized guide and assisted by the lodge staff.
Meals are included.
PUERTO WILLIAMS / PUNTA ARENAS or USHUAIA
Breakfast. At the agreed time, transfer to the aerodrome to take your flight to Punta Arenas, or to Williams Port Authority Office and then head to Puerto Navarino to sail towards Ushuaia (Argentina).
All prices are per person.
VALID RATES FOR THE SEP 2017 – APR 2018 SEASON
|ANTARTICA : UTTERMOST||DOUBLE|
|Per person – 4 Días / 3 Noches||USD 1.452|
|Aircraft Bulk Rate|
(Máx 6 pers)